Big Value for Small Spaces
Trends in the pool industry may come and go, but due to its simplicity, utility and budget-friendliness, the smaller pools trend is here to stay. Whether you call it a spool, cocktail, plunge or splash pool, these miniature pools provide a variety of options.
The term spool is a portmanteau, a combination of two existing words; part “spa,” part “pool.” These miniature pools are typically around 300 square feet while having depth; thus, allowing you to submerge fully while standing in comparison to spas that are meant for soaking.
Benefits of a Spool:
- Low Price: Smaller price point and maintenance in comparison to traditional pools
- Adaptability: Can fit in odd or smaller spaces
- Usage: Can be used for hydrotherapy, swimming, a focal point/fountain, or sunning space
- Health: May improve one’s mental and physical health; especially when used for therapeutic purposes
- Eco-friendly: Uses significantly less water, electricity and smaller footprint than traditional pools
There are many customizable options available to create the spool that fits your lifestyle. When the design is well-curated with complementary features, it becomes a focal point that blends into your backyard oasis.
Features Available for a Spool:
- Full automation systems
- Lighting and water features
- Salt water system
- Modern ladders
- Endless “static swim” system
- Underwater treadmill or bicycle
- Infinity edge
There are a seemingly endless number of features you can add. So, whether your concerned for the environment, working with a smaller space or desire to have a fully-customizable pool, a spool may be exactly what you’re looking for.